Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The beat goes on...

I keep hoping that Obama will lock this thing down, but just when it seems like he will, he comes up a little short. And base don Hillary's personality, I think she plans on taking the Huckabee approach. She will stay in until Barack has passed the pledged delegate milestone.

I am encouraged by the fact that she had a 20 point lead in each state 2 weeks ago, but that was closed to 3 points in Texas and 12 points in Ohio. Ohio is the real disappointment. If he could have kept that split under 9, then I think today's discussions would be quite different.

Wyoming and Mississippi in the next week. Minor states that will decide nothing except momentum. They are really must-wins for Obama since the next primary is not until Pennsylvania on 4/22. That is a long time to wait if you lose. I expect Mississippi to be a land-slide in his favor. Wyoming will probably be more split.

I think this race comes down to Pennsylvania now. If Hillary does not have a victory on the order of her win in Ohio, then the odds of her winning drop substantially and I think there will be pressure for her to drop out.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Honey!
Keep your chin up! Yes We Can!! Think positive! :-)
Hopefully he'll win Saturday, and stop her streak!
xoxo