Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tell the Republicans I found their playbook?

As a registered democrat it pains me to see all of the negative campaigning coming from the Clinton camp. When it comes down to it, we are all on the same team and it just makes Democrats look bad at this stage. Save it for the Republicans.

No doubt Obama has thrown a few shots back, but it sure seems to me that he is doing so more out of defense for what is being thrown his way. Until Hillary lost Iowa it was a fairly clean campaign and despite being an Obama supporter, I would have been happy for Hillary to win. But her campaign has sunk to the lowest levels of late and it is exactly what I do not like in Washington.

She likes to question Obama's relationship with a shady land owner. That is fine. But if we want to talk shady land deals, can anyone say 'Whitewater'?

You can tell me that they were found to not have committed any wrong-doing. Thus far I have not seen any evidence that Obama did anything wrong with his client either, so why bring it up?

That is called mud-slinging. Make the opponent look bad to take the focus off your own indiscretions and poor judgment. Then criticize the opponent as being political when they try to set the record straight.

Hmm. This sounds familiar.

No comments: